Sunday, December 17

Dems

Is it just me, or are Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama horrible candidates in 2008? Don't get me wrong: Obama could be a great candidate . . . in 2016 or so. Leery of charges of racism, his opponents (and their minions) might not want to keep baiting him about his middle name or cast aspersions on his heritage, so they would have to point out his lack of experience. Quite frankly, they might have a valid argument: two years as a US Senator is more experience than I have, but I'm not sure it's enough. If I faulted Bush for not having necessary experience (and I did), then it's only fair to apply the same standards to Obama, even if I like his politics and believe (hope?) him to be a fairly capable man.

The Hillary campaign never ceases to amaze me. I can't see a way she could possibly be elected. She may have plenty of support in the Democratic party, but I see no way that she could draw outside that base. People simply do not like her. She is not electable.

On a tangentially related note, I saw that a Wall Street Journal poll found that 83% of Americans are "comfortable" with having an African American president. WTF?! That means that one sixth of the country--17%--is not "comfortable" with a black president. I think it fair to assume that all (or close enough to all for statistical purposes) of those people are white. If 2/3 of the country is white, then that means that 1 out of every 4 crackers is not "comfortable" with a black president. No wonder black people think we're all racists: 1 out of 4 is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home